The Watch Water Home Page
The Watch Reservoir is set in the beautiful Lammermuir hills adjacent to the Southern Upland Way.
The approach road offers stunning views of the surrounding area, which is a haven for wildlife with regular daily visits from Ospreys, which can be seen taking fish from the reservoir.
The Watch Water is probably one of the best boat and bank stillwater fly fishing venues in the Scottish Borders, offering excellent sport from free rising, hard fighting Rainbow,Brown and Blue trout, well into double figures.
- 120 acres of fishing with 2 miles of bank fishing.
- 13 boats for hire.
- Tackle shop.
- Electric outboards for hire.
- Tackle hire.
- Ladies and gents toilets.
- Outdoor picnic tables.
- Barbeque facilities.
- Fishing lodge with indoor café offering light snacks and refreshments.
- Experienced friendly staff who can help assist with the correct flies and give some free help with casting.
THE WATCH WATER
Tel 01361 890331 (8am - 10pm during season - March to November) / 07921 885047 / 01835 822844
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The watch reservoir is now under the new ownership of Shaun Twite from the Borders Gunroom in St Boswells. The shop is beside the river Tweed and offers a comprehensive range of shooting, fishing equipment and in house gunsmiths. The shop was established 25 years ago and has one of the best fly fishing and fly tying departments.